Mission Countdown

7.21.2008

It's not so bad

Last week I was at the dentist getting my teeth cleaned one last time before I leave on my mission. So then the dentist is looking at my teeth and he's like I think you have a cavity. I haven't had a cavity for years!!! And plus, I don't even know how this happened. I was just at the dentist less than two months ago getting my teeth cleaned and they got really super mad at me for not flossing, etc. So--I went out of that dentist office two months ago with a goal to floss my teeth every day. Not only did I floss my teeth almost every day, I usually did it twice a day. And I brushed morning and night. And I used mouthwash. I have never taken such good care of my teeth. And then what? I get a stinking cavity! So anyways, the dentist had blocked out some time for us to get cavities filled just in case we had any that day since he knew we were in from out of town. But the only problem was I was getting my missionary pictures taken that day...and I didn't want a fat lip in them! (By the way they turned out really well! Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to post them!) So anyways, we had to reschedule. And today was the lucky day. I get there, yadda yadda yadda, and sit in the chair. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had gotten new chairs. And they give you a massage while you are sitting there waiting and while the dentist works on you. Then the hygienist asked if I wanted the gas. It was all I could do to contain myself from jumping up and down excited yelling yes. So I settled with a bland, yeah, I guess. But the truth is--I LOVE THAT GAS!!! It makes me happy! Happy gas! Definitely the best part about the dentist. Let me just tell you, they put that tube over my nose and within 5 seconds I was feeling light and floaty. You just can't explain the feeling. So with the combo of the happy gas and the massage chair it was heavenly bliss. Then the dentist came in and ruined everything and started drilling. But actually, as Davie would say, "It's not so bad."

2 comments:

Tyson, Kaylee and Lucy said...

I have not been to the dentist in forever....We don't have dental insurance....I am going to be screwed when i go again.

The Ostlers said...

Hayley Jensen!

This is Annie(Richins) and I just ran across your blog from Brooklyn's blog! I had no idea you were going on a mission... that is seriously awesome! What is even more awesome is that my sister and her family live in Rochester, so you will probably run into her. They are the Shermans, with four crazy kids :) Well I am way excited for you and I absolutely love Rochester when I go and visit my sister, so you will love it too!

Annie